Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by qnob <ku...@elca.ch> on 2009/07/13 16:03:08 UTC

Re: Type 1 Custom Fonts problems in Postscript

Hello,

I've been trying to configure a custom Type 1 font in order to support Arial
font for the Postscript renderer. Though, I don't get it work. I use Ubuntu,
SUN JDK 6 and FOP 0.95. I reproduced the same problem with the FOP trunk.

First, I converted the TrueType Font:

$ sudo ttf2pt1 -a -b /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/arial.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/type1/converted-mscore-fonts/arial

This results to the files arial.afm and  arial.pfb.

Second, I've added  the directory to the fop.xconfig:

      <fonts>
	<directory>/usr/share/fonts/type1/converted-mscore-fonts</directory>
      </fonts>

Nevertheless, the Arial font isn't applied by the ps renderer. When I run
it, I get following error:

      [fop] Jul 13, 2009 8:42:37 AM
org.apache.fop.fonts.autodetect.FontInfoFinder find
      [fop] SEVERE: Unable to load font file:
file:/usr/share/fonts/type1/converted-mscore-fonts/arial.pfb. Reason: No PFM
file was found for
file:/usr/share/fonts/type1/converted-mscore-fonts/arial.pfb
      [fop] Jul 13, 2009 8:42:37 AM org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo
notifyFontReplacement
      [fop] WARNING: Font 'Arial,normal,400' not found. Substituting with
'any,normal,400'.
      [fop] Jul 13, 2009 8:42:37 AM org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo
notifyFontReplacement
      [fop] WARNING: Font 'Arial,normal,700' not found. Substituting with
'any,normal,700'.

The SEVERE message I only get the first time I run it, after the conversion.
For FOP-trunk I don't get at all.

How do I have to configure this font in order to make it work correctly?

Thanks
Kuno