Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shannon Doyle <sh...@ecite.com.au> on 2004/12/10 16:59:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Missing Log Files

Hi People,

Using Apache2.0.47 on my mandrake 9.2 system. The installation has been
running great up until we had a problem earlier in the week. For some stupid
reason someone had removed /var/log and all its contents. I have managed to
get all logging back up and running except for apache log's for the main
files and all the associated virtual host files.

My research has suggested that apache should just recreate these files on a
graceful restart however it appears that is incorrect. I have even tried
recreating the directory structure and touching the main files in an attempt
to show apache that the files are there to be used.

Can anyone assit me in getting these files back up and apache re-logging to
them.

Kind regards,

Shannon