Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io> on 2017/09/26 21:17:12 UTC

Apache MADlib next release discussion

MADlib community,

tl;dr

Proposing we do a 1.13 release in Nov before Thanksgiving, and a 2.0 after
that around Jan.

More

The next release is currently numbered 2.0 as per current JIRAs, which
includes interface changes
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1157

Because of the interface changes, the 2.0 release is not backward
compatibility as per semantic versioning that Apache MADlib follows
http://semver.org/

We have started a couple of wiki pages to discuss ideas for the new 2.0
interface:

Ideas
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Interface+2.0+-+Ideas
IO standardization
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Interface+2.0+-+IO+Standardization

but it is not baked yet.  So I am wondering if we ought to do a 1.13 in Nov
before Thanksgiving to give us more time to collectively make a plan on the
interface, which would go in 2.0 around Jan or so.

Please let me know what you think, and also comment/add/subtract on what’s
proposed for the interface changes.

Frank

Re: Apache MADlib next release discussion

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
I made you the owner of that JIRA Ed.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.

--
*Ed Espino*

Re: Apache MADlib next release discussion

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.

--
*Ed Espino*

Re: Apache MADlib next release discussion

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.

--