Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Omar@Gmail" <om...@googlemail.com> on 2014/01/03 10:44:06 UTC

Maven Plugin Logging

Hi All,

I implemented my own Maven plugin mojo in which I used log4j + slf4j. In
the plugin project I have included the correct jars and can see correct
logging of statements from code.

Now I want use this new maven plugin in another client project but having
trouble getting it to work correctly.

In the plugin itself I have included a log4j.properties under
src/main/resources which works fine as mentioned above. But when I try to
include the plugin in another client project the log file is not being
created.

The question is what else do I have to try or do to get this working
correctly?

Thank you.
Omar

Re: Maven Plugin Logging

Posted by Cleuton Sampaio <cl...@gmail.com>.
You should use the object returned by the getLog method, which is an implementation of

org.apache.maven.plugin.logging
Interface Log

It is exactly the architecture that I am using in my own plugin: jQana (Github). It is still in early dev stage, but I am facing that same problem. The only way to solve is to use the Log implemantation returned by getLog.

Here I am instantiating my pojo from the mojo, and passing the Log Object:

                        DefaultProjectProcessor dpp = new DefaultProjectProcessor(new Context());
                        dpp.setLog(getLog());

Here I am logging in my pojo:

                         // using maven plugin logger
                         switch (type) {