Posted to users@maven.apache.org by an...@nsn.com on 2007/07/17 11:59:10 UTC

Maven does not get latest snapshot from repository

Hi,

I've a weird (for me) build problem. There's an updated snapshot version
on the repository, but maven is not pulling that down for the build, but
rather uses my local version. Under which conditions can this happen,
and how do I resolve it (except for maybe trashing the whole
.m2/repository).

[INFO] snapshot ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:0.11-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from JSR264 internal
[DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:0.11-SNAPSHOT' could not be found on
repository: JSR264 internal
[INFO] snapshot ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:0.11-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from JSR144 internal
[DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:0.11-SNAPSHOT' could not be found on
repository: JSR144 internal
[INFO] snapshot ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:0.11-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from Codehaus Snapshots
[DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:0.11-SNAPSHOT' could not be found on
repository: Codehaus Snapshots
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] oss_om_ri_xsd: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG]     ossj.jsr264:oss_om_ri_xsd:jar:0.11-SNAPSHOT:compile
(selected for compile)
[DEBUG]       xmlbeans:xmlbeans:jar:2.3.0:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]         stax:stax-api:jar:1.0.1:compile (selected for compile)

What's the repository metadata, that is supposed to be missing?

Andreas

RE: Maven does not get latest snapshot from repository

Posted by an...@nsn.com.
Hi,

Thanks for your help. Actually the issue was a little tricky. Someone
thought it might be a good idea to deploy by ftp-ing the directory from
the local repository. That also caused the warning about the missing
repository metadata.

After I removed the directory from the remote repository and deployed
again, it works as expected.

Andreas

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.