Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/27 23:26:42 UTC

Vote: Change from subversion to git

Git provides greater flexibility for distributed development, feature branches, pull requests, etc... this is a vote to move River from subversion to git

Re: Vote: Change from subversion to git

Posted by Peter Firmstone <pe...@zeus.net.au>.
+1 Peter

Posted by Peter Firmstone <pe...@zeus.net.au>.
Hi Dennis,

Yes, the vote passed (minimum 3 committers), you can post a [RESULT]
email with the voting results of all voters.

I found the following:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/commons/MovingToGit

The Maven project's progress:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Git+Migration#GitMigration-ThingstodiscusswithINFRA