Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <me...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/03 18:13:38 UTC

[users@httpd] nfigure: error: Cannot use an external APR with the bundled APR-util

I am on a FreeBSD system where there is already an Apache installed
somewhere and I think that is what is causing my problem.

Please help me configure and install apache to my local path
$WAG/install/httpd/prefork

[tbrannon@pringle:~/cvs/blue/wagsvr/wares/httpd-2.x.xx] ./configure --prefix=$W\
AG/install/httpd/prefork --with-mpm=prefork
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8
checking target system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...

checking for APR... yes
  setting CC to "gcc"
  setting CPP to "gcc -E"
  setting CFLAGS to " -g -O2"
  setting CPPFLAGS to " -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT"
  setting LDFLAGS to " "

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime Utility library...

checking for APR-util... reconfig
configure: error: Cannot use an external APR with the bundled APR-util
[tbrannon@pringle:~/cvs/blue/wagsvr/wares/httpd-2.x.xx] echo $WAG
/home/tbrannon/cvs/blue/wagsvr
[tbrannon@pringle:~/cvs/blue/wagsvr/wares/httpd-2.x.xx] uname -a
FreeBSD pringle.newdotnet.net 4.8-RELEASE-p13 FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p13 #1
[tbrannon@pringle:~/cvs/blue/wagsvr/wares/httpd-2.x.xx]