Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2008/04/04 16:26:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: r644564 - in /incubator/abdera/java/branches/abdera-0.4.0-incubating: ./ dependencies/legal/ distribution/src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/ distribution/src/main/assembly/ extensions/json/src/main/resources/META-INF/

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM,  <da...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: dandiep
>  Date: Thu Apr  3 17:21:38 2008
>  New Revision: 644564

>  Log:
>  Remove the top level NOTICE file so we don't have things in two places.
>  It isn't required to be there.
>
>  Name json-lib.txt to json-lib-LICENSE.txt
>
>  Remove redundant htmlparser/serializer licenses in extensions/json
>
>  Update to the latest maven-remote-resources plugin so our NOTICE files
>  are correct.
>
>  Update the NOTICE file to tell users about the other licenses in the
>  lib/ directory.

Can we please STOP checking things into this branch first.  You check
in to trunk, then merge to the branch.  That's how we ensure that all
changes end up in subsequent releases.  Doing it this bass-ackward way
is just asking for something to get forgotten.

-garrett

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM,  <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Author: dandiep
>>  Date: Thu Apr  3 17:21:38 2008
>>  New Revision: 644564

>>  Log:
>>  Remove the top level NOTICE file so we don't have things in two places.
>>  It isn't required to be there.
>>
>>  Name json-lib.txt to json-lib-LICENSE.txt
>>
>>  Remove redundant htmlparser/serializer licenses in extensions/json
>>
>>  Update to the latest maven-remote-resources plugin so our NOTICE files
>>  are correct.
>>
>>  Update the NOTICE file to tell users about the other licenses in the
>>  lib/ directory.
>>

> Can we please STOP checking things into this branch first.  You check
> in to trunk, then merge to the branch.  That's how we ensure that all
> changes end up in subsequent releases.  Doing it this bass-ackward way
> is just asking for something to get forgotten.
>
> -garrett

I very much agree that this should stop. I didn't commit to trunk as all
the fixes I needed were in the branch. We'll have to run through with
svnmerge and make sure everything is appended back to trunk/ very soon.

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource