Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu> on 2010/04/19 22:02:13 UTC

Re: 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 timelines

Well I disappeared for some family reasons and it looks like this is
semi-resolved since 2.0.1 is being released right now.

I would advocate for creating a 2.0-patches branch off of the 2.0.1
release that will allow 2.1 development to occur without potentially
causing problems for a 2.0.2 if the need arises. We would just need to
be aware that fixing bugs requires changes in both trunk and the branch.
Does this sound like a reasonable approach to take once the 2.0.1
release work is completely done with? Pluto doesn't appear to have many
branches to date so are there any suggestions for a branch name? In
absence of other ideas I would suggest "pluto-2.0.x" which fits with the
"pluto-1.1.x" branch that exists in SVN.

-Eric

Re: 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 timelines

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 04/19/2010 10:02 PM, Eric Dalquist wrote:
> Well I disappeared for some family reasons and it looks like this is
> semi-resolved since 2.0.1 is being released right now.
>
> I would advocate for creating a 2.0-patches branch off of the 2.0.1
> release that will allow 2.1 development to occur without potentially
> causing problems for a 2.0.2 if the need arises. We would just need to
> be aware that fixing bugs requires changes in both trunk and the branch.
> Does this sound like a reasonable approach to take once the 2.0.1
> release work is completely done with? Pluto doesn't appear to have many
> branches to date so are there any suggestions for a branch name? In
> absence of other ideas I would suggest "pluto-2.0.x" which fits with the
> "pluto-1.1.x" branch that exists in SVN.

+1 to all of the above.

I intend to do some 2.0.2 fixes and a new bugfix release of that within the next few weeks.
When you create the 2.0.x branch, I'll start fixing both trees after that.

Ate