Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Shivram Mani <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/24 19:28:29 UTC

New Committer: Shubham Sharma

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache HAWQ (incubating)
has invited *Shubham Sharma* to become a committer and we are pleased
to announce that he has accepted.
Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should
enable better productivity.
Please join us in congratulating him and we are looking forward to
collaborating with him in the open source community.

His contribution includes (but not limited to):

15 commits to components in hawq, including contributions to PXF and master
branch CI
- Reference - https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?utf8=%E2%
9C%93&q=is%3Apr+author%3Aoutofmem0ry

HAWQ-1572: Fix travis ci build failure. Thrift/Boost incompatibility
HAWQ-1559: Fix travis ci build failure due to missing apr package
HAWQ-1553: Add option to hawq extract to specify log directory
HAWQ-1368: Add option to hawq register to specify log directory
HAWQ-1549: Fix standby resync when using -M smart/fast/immediate
HAWQ-1548: Correct ambiguous message while logging hawq utilization
HAWQ-1527: Enabled partition filtering for integral data types
HAWQ-1524:  Fix travis ci build failure caused after protobuf upgrade to
3.4
HAWQ-1198: Fix to filter out irrelevant fragments while accessing Hive
HAWQ-1273:  Removed incorrect references from gplogfilter
HAWQ-1504:  Fixed namenode hang during docker container restart
HAWQ-1503: Fixed ftp link causing build failure on centos-6 docker
HAWQ-1495: Corrected answer file to match insert statement
HAWQ-1373: Added feature to reload GUC values using hawq reload-config
HAWQ-1480: Added feature for packing a core file

4 commits to hawq documentation (https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq
-docs/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+author%3Aoutofmem0ry)
 - Two closed and two open pull requests

HAWQ-1562: Fixed incorrect path to default log directory
HAWQ-1368: Add option to hawq register to specify log directory
HAWQ-1480: Added documentation for packcore utility
HAWQ-1553: Add option to hawq extract to specify log directory

*JIRA:*
12 JIRAs were created by Shubham. Pull requests for all 13 issues has been
merged to master.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1572?jql=
project%20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20reporter%20in%20(outofmemory)
3 JIRAs were assigned to Shubham. Pull requests for these issues has been
merged to master. [HAWQ-1198, HAWQ-1368, HAWQ-1373 ]

Other contributions include code review(https://github.com/apache/incubator-
hawq/pull/1318) and email discussions.

--
Shivram Mani

Re: New Committer: Shubham Sharma

Posted by Yi JIN <ji...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Yi (yjin)

Posted by Shubham Sharma <ss...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Ivan Weng <iw...@pivotal.io>.
Congrats to Shubham.

Posted by Yandong Yao <yy...@pivotal.io>.
Congrats!

--
Best Regards,
Yandong

Re: New Committer: Shubham Sharma

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Congrats to Shubham!

Posted by Hongxu Ma <in...@outlook.com>.
Congrats!

在 25/04/2018 03:28, Shivram Mani 写道:
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache HAWQ (incubating)
> has invited *Shubham Sharma* to become a committer and we are pleased
> to announce that he has accepted.
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
> there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should
> enable better productivity.
> Please join us in congratulating him and we are looking forward to
> collaborating with him in the open source community.
>

> His contribution includes (but not limited to):
>

> 15 commits to components in hawq, including contributions to PXF and master
> branch CI
> - Reference - https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?utf8=%E2%
> 9C%93&q=is%3Apr+author%3Aoutofmem0ry
>
> HAWQ-1572: Fix travis ci build failure. Thrift/Boost incompatibility
> HAWQ-1559: Fix travis ci build failure due to missing apr package
> HAWQ-1553: Add option to hawq extract to specify log directory
> HAWQ-1368: Add option to hawq register to specify log directory
> HAWQ-1549: Fix standby resync when using -M smart/fast/immediate
> HAWQ-1548: Correct ambiguous message while logging hawq utilization
> HAWQ-1527: Enabled partition filtering for integral data types
> HAWQ-1524:  Fix travis ci build failure caused after protobuf upgrade to
> 3.4
> HAWQ-1198: Fix to filter out irrelevant fragments while accessing Hive
> HAWQ-1273:  Removed incorrect references from gplogfilter
> HAWQ-1504:  Fixed namenode hang during docker container restart
> HAWQ-1503: Fixed ftp link causing build failure on centos-6 docker
> HAWQ-1495: Corrected answer file to match insert statement
> HAWQ-1373: Added feature to reload GUC values using hawq reload-config
> HAWQ-1480: Added feature for packing a core file
>
> 4 commits to hawq documentation (https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq
> -docs/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+author%3Aoutofmem0ry)
>   - Two closed and two open pull requests
>
> HAWQ-1562: Fixed incorrect path to default log directory
> HAWQ-1368: Add option to hawq register to specify log directory
> HAWQ-1480: Added documentation for packcore utility
> HAWQ-1553: Add option to hawq extract to specify log directory
>
> *JIRA:*
> 12 JIRAs were created by Shubham. Pull requests for all 13 issues has been
> merged to master.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1572?jql=
> project%20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20reporter%20in%20(outofmemory)
> 3 JIRAs were assigned to Shubham. Pull requests for these issues has been
> merged to master. [HAWQ-1198, HAWQ-1368, HAWQ-1373 ]
>
> Other contributions include code review(https://github.com/apache/incubator-
> hawq/pull/1318) and email discussions.

Hongxu.