Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/25 14:52:59 UTC

Including tapestry page with jsp:include doesn't work

I have the following problem:

Old parts of my application is implemented in struts, while new parts are
implemented in tapestry. This causes a need for quite a few integration
points, which have been no problem so far.

Now I need to include a tapestry page from a jsp, or get the html response
of a tapestry page and deliver it to my jsp in some way. It works to include
struts actions (/path/to/MyAction.do) via the tag <jsp:include
page="/path/to/MyAction.do"/>. But when I try to do the same thing with
tapestry pages like this (<jsp:include
page="/MyPage.external?sp=l1&sp=l2"/>), tapestry dispatches the request to
the tapestry home service.

I don't see why this doesn't work, both struts (*.do) and tapestry (*.html,
*.external...) are servlets, that should be equally "insertable" in a JSP.
Or?

More info:
- The url I'm trying to include via jsp works when accessing it the regular
way, through a browser
- Any tapestry extension causes the same behaviour (.external, .html)

Inge

Re: Including tapestry page with jsp:include doesn't work

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
Same result with <c:import url="sameUrl"/> and <tiles:insert
page="sameUrl"/> by the way. They all probably use the same mechanism for
including content.

Maybe tapestry depends on some kind of request information that isn't there
when the webserver performs an include like this?