Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2018/01/26 18:54:23 UTC

Re: [Mifos-developer] Open Banking and API Market

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your email as it's a very prescient topic with all of the
conversations in the fintech and core banking space around open banking and
the API economy. We would appreciate your efforts in trying to works better
API classification as well as alignment with BIAN. BIAN compliance has been
discussed for a couple of years now but I think that itself deserves a
separate thread.

I have included the Fineract dev list as all of the work around APIs is
happening on top of Fineract and not just the Mifos X distribution.

All of the Swagger work is actually now complete. Sanyam did the majority
of the work during his GSOC internship and then under Sanyam's leadership,
GCI student, Chirag Gupta, completed the remaining work.

We will be shipping this in the release following the current Fineract
release that's being worked on.

You can see the live documentation of the APIs at
http://ewh.ieee.org/sb/delhi/bvce/dist/ and a final report on Sanyam's
project:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11oycsKBtvLFmFV-_YsOuCqNOhD19il71g8RXSklxyjw/edit#

Please see my replies inline.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:05 PM, Victor Manuel Romero Rodriguez <
victor.romero@fintecheando.mx> wrote:

> Hello mates,
>
> Let me introduce myself quickly, I am from Mexico, my team and me founded
> a FinTECH startup, currently we use and promote Mifos as a Core Banking
> solution in our country, we love open source and we are happy to contribute
> to this project :)
>
> We we have some question, most of them have been raised by potential users,
>
> - Is there any way to integrate Mifos's API into private and public API
> markets ?

It would be great to get the Fineract API into the private and public API
markets and would appreciate your efforts to advance the same. I think we
really need to think about how institutions can leverage the APIs by
utilizing a thin layer of Apache Fineract if they don't have it installed
as their core banking system.

> - Which is the position of Mifos about the Open Banking?

We want to better establish Mifos/Fineract as a leader in this movement but
we need to develop better awareness and get more visibility.

> - Does Mifos Implement any API classification? (just like the BIAN
> classification, please refer to https://bian.org/api-
> classification-guideline-for-bian-architecture/ )
>
> *We started to look into the documentation trying to find any information
> to provide answers. *
>
> *I am writting this email to get any response about the queries and also
> to contribute because we have found that there is a In progress feature
> about improving the API's*
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/
> REST+API+Live+Documentation+Using+Swagger
>
> In this point we want to contribute, we have used Swagger to generate the
> documentation as per the OAS 2 and also we use SCM (git) and CI/CD tools
> (jenkins,fastlane) for the automation of the code generation for the mobile
> hybrid applications (from swagger.json to typescript models/services),
> using Swagger, we keep updated the documentation and also the apps are in
> sync with the changes in the API, for this point we will contact Ed Cable
> and @Sanyam Goel <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/%7Esanyam96>
> .
>
> Regards
>
> Victor Romero