Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Charles Smith <ct...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/01 11:20:00 UTC

querying special status

Hi,

I just got the error "... has unexpectedly changed special status".  I know it has to do with the fact that it is or isn't a symbolic link.

My question is, how can I query the special status of files in the repository?

Re: querying special status

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 1, 2009, at 06:20, Charles Smith wrote:

> I just got the error "... has unexpectedly changed special
> status".  I know it has to do with the fact that it is or isn't a
> symbolic link.

Yes, I think this happens when you try to replace a symlink with a
real file, or vice versa, without telling Subversion. I believe to do
this you need to tell Subversion, by "svn rm"ing the old thing and
then "svn add"ing the new thing.

> My question is, how can I query the special status of files in the
> repository?

I don't know.