Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/06 21:12:31 UTC

domain forwarding

Hello!

I have several domains for my project, which runs at 188.40.34.137. one
domain is airwriting.de, the other domain is airwriting.com .com is on
godaddy, de on another domain provider.

both domains are forwarding to 188.40.34.137. BUT if i move my mouse over
the links at www.airwriting.com, i can see 188.40.34.137/myPage as link in
the status bar. on airwriting.de, everything works fine, i dont see any
numbers.. 188.40.34.137.

I contacted go daddy, but they say that they cant do anything.  -but why
then are different domain differently handled?! why do i say on the links
the name, but on the other the number if i am moving my mouse over links?
HENCE, what i could also see is that on www.airwriting.com, NO page links
are visible in the browser. It is always www.airwriting.com, but on .de or
.at the links are visible in the browser textfield. (which is also what i
want to be)

hm...

Re: domain forwarding

Posted by derkoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
sommeralex wrote

> I have several domains for my project, which runs at 188.40.34.137. one
> domain is airwriting.de, the other domain is airwriting.com .com is on
> godaddy, de on another domain provider.
>
> both domains are forwarding to 188.40.34.137. BUT if i move my mouse over
> the links at www.airwriting.com, i can see 188.40.34.137/myPage as link in
> the status bar. on airwriting.de, everything works fine, i dont see any
> numbers.. 188.40.34.137.

Just tried your links - I get links with DNS name using both URLs. They even
match the requested URL - all links use "airwriting.com" when I go to
"airwriting.com". Maybe it's a DNS problem on your local machine?

--
Chris

PS: update your Tapestry version - you're still on 5.3.1

Re: domain forwarding

Posted by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com>.
i will updated soon! promise.

Re: domain forwarding

Posted by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com>.
i was changing it yesterday so i guess this is the reason why for you
everything looked fine.

but THX for checking.

Re: domain forwarding

Posted by sommeralex <al...@gmail.com>.