Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jill Han <ji...@alverno.edu> on 2009/11/16 15:34:57 UTC

search engine

Sorry, for the non-tomcat issue, but I still hope I can get helps here.
Is there any search engine you would recommend that could search public, and non public( page needs login) pages?

Thanks as always,

Jill

Re: search engine

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Jill Han wrote:
> Sorry, for the non-tomcat issue, but I still hope I can get helps here.

You are right, this is totally off-topic for this list.
But even so,

> Is there any search engine you would recommend that could search public,

You mean, like Google, Yahoo etc.. ?

  and non public( page needs login) pages?

How would it do that ? ask you each time it encounters a page with a
login ? How would it even determine that this page asks for a login ?
(Well ok, if it requires a Basic authentication, then maybe it could,
but still).

Re: search engine

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2009/11/16 Jill Han <ji...@alverno.edu>:
> Sorry, for the non-tomcat issue, but I still hope I can get helps here.
> Is there any search engine you would recommend that could search public, and non public( page needs login) pages?
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Jill

Maybe you should look at
http://lucene.apache.org/

I have not used it yet, but at least they have more knowledge.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

RE: search engine

Posted by Jill Han <ji...@alverno.edu>.
There are .html, .php, .jsp, .pdf pages on the apache server.

Thanks,

Jill
Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Jill:

Re: search engine

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 16/11/2009 14:34, Jill Han wrote:
> Sorry, for the non-tomcat issue, but I still hope I can get helps here.
> Is there any search engine you would recommend that could search public, and non public( page needs login) pages?
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Jill

If you have a question we recommend you start by starting a new email to
the list, rather than by replying to an existing email, which is called
'thread hijacking'.