Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alessandro Bottoni <ab...@quadrante.com> on 2001/01/03 15:03:34 UTC

Cocoon + Jserv installation problem

I'm not able to install Cocoon on my system and I'm keep on getting this
error message:

--------------- Cut&Paste ---------------

The servlet initialization argument "properties" was not found. Please, make
sure Cocoon is able to find its configurations or it won't be able to
execute correctly.

A template for such configurations may be found in the file
"/conf/cocoon.properties" in the distribution.

Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

-------------- Cut&Paste -----------------

Of course, the location of the "cocoon.properties" file is correctly defined
in the jserv.properties file (it is: "cocoon.properties=C:\Programmi\Apache
Group\Cocoon\conf\cocoon.properties").

My system is as follows:
1) Windows 2000 professional
2) Apache 1.3.12 (perfectly working)
3) Apache Jserv 1.1.2 (perfectly working)
4) Cocoon (I tried both 1.7.4 and 1.8) (not working)

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Alessandro Bottoni
Web Architect
Quadrante SRL
Piazza Galileo, 6