Posted to users@maven.apache.org by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 15:47:38 UTC

multi-modules: a web-app and an Applet

Hello,

I've read the doc

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#how_do_i_build_more_than_one_project_at_once
and it's working for deploying a library but not to deploy an Applet in
a WebApplication.

I've 2 maven modules : a web application 'web-app' and an Applet
'theApplet'.

I would like that maven deploy the applet's jar in the folder
web-app/src/main/webapp like jetty can serve the file theApplet.jar.
Or in another place if it is necessary, I do not care, I just need to
run the web-app with jetty-run and that jetty serves the applet in html
page.

Have you got an idea or a documentation link please ?
thanks
cyrille.

RE: multi-modules: a web-app and an Applet

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Copy-dependencies will pull from sibling target folders because it starts with the dependencies already resolved by Maven. (meaning it will find sibling deps even if you don't do "install")

Copy will only pull from the repository so you must have already installed or deployed it.

Copy was intended to allow you to access artifacts that aren't normal dependencies like zips or wars.

Copy-dependencies is more of a quicker way to grab all dependencies from the existing list.

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
#Cyrille37# a écrit :
> Marvin Froeder a écrit :
>> But that will work with dependencies on the repository only?!
>> I believe no....
> Yes you've right
>> Maybe is a good idea to create as a dependency kind....
> I do not want, because I'm in development phase...
>
> I'm confused with the 'copy' plugin ...
>
> If I put the 'copy' plugin in the Applet's project I've to hard code
> the outputDirectory ... And the artifactItem is the same as the
> project ...
>
> If I put the 'copy' plugin in the WebApp's project, the copy is not
> done when I compile or package the Applet's project ...
>
> Can you highlight me please ?
> cyrille
I think I've find !  ;-P

the copy plugin goes in the WebApp project, then I call 'compile' from
the parent project.
Easy and logic solution, but I needed hours to find it ...

Thanks you.

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
Marvin Froeder a écrit :
> But that will work with dependencies on the repository only?!
> I believe no....
Yes you've right

Posted by Marvin Froeder <m...@rvin.info>.

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.