Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tintin <19...@googlemail.com> on 2014/01/20 17:47:55 UTC

Skinning an HSlider Thumb

I am trying to develop a custom thumb button for a spark HSlider. I have
created a new SparkSkin for my HSlider and within that defined a new skin
for the HSliderSkin and assigned it.

I simply want a larger button, say twice the size, and a different colour.
If, in the HSlider skin definition, I double the size of the button the
track becomes too thick. It must scale with the button for some reason.

I thought I might be able to define a separate skin for the track as well
but when I do that I get an error relating to an unknown State.

Can anyone offer any guidance please?

Thanks

Chris

Re: Skinning an HSlider Thumb

Posted by Tintin <19...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Tom

Thanks for replying. I'm still working on the project and currently have
fixed the problem by setting the maxHeight for the track skin to the height
of the Thumb before I changed the Thumb button skin.

Re: Skinning an HSlider Thumb

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Maybe you could post a small set of example files.

Tom