Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org> on 2016/03/14 21:27:47 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Rename NEWS to RELEASE-NOTES.md

Our NEWS file has turned into a useful source of information, but i think
the name doesn't clearly illustrate its purpose.  Since we have been
primarily using it to manage release notes, i propose we rename the file to
RELEASE-NOTES.md.

As the name implies, i also propose that we formally use markdown syntax.
This will make for more natural linking to other docs, and direct posting
to our blog at release time (this is currently a manual process,
translating NEWS to markdown).

Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename NEWS to RELEASE-NOTES.md

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Patch is up here: https://reviews.apache.org/r/44806/

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 to both.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback, folks.  This patch has landed.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.