Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Pascual Queralt <pq...@yahoo.es> on 2006/02/21 19:47:33 UTC

PANIC : Velocity cannot find any of the specified or default logging ...

Hi,
I need a little of help.
My plugin in Eclipse that use Velocity was working fine, but suddenly I've got this velocity message.

systems in the classpath, or the classpath doesn't contain the necessary classes to support them. Please consult the documentation regarding logging. Exception : java.lang.NoClassDefFound

It happens just when I execute this instruction.

   VGenerator = new VelocityGen();

Any ideas will be helpfull.

Many thanks.

    Pascual

Re: PANIC : Velocity cannot find any of the specified or default logging ...

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi Pascual,

I've never seen that error message in connection with Velocity.  Did you say
you were writing a plugin?  It's probably an Eclipse classpath problem.  Or
are you running under some type of restrictive security policy?

You might consider using the VelocityEngine instead of Velocity.
Velocity.init() sets up a singleton - all other uses of Velocity in the same
classloader will share all the properties.  If you create a VelocityEngine
you can have different instances with different properties.

WILL

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Of course!

Forgot about the basics...

Sounds like you are using the vanilla velocity.jar without the
necessary dependencies.  You either need to use the velocity-dep.jar
included in your distribution, or else make sure that either logkit or
log4j are in the classpath.

Posted by Pascual Queralt <pq...@yahoo.es>.
Many thanks.

Although I can't understand why before it was working , It was that, I needed the library velocity-dep.jar.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.