Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2001/12/28 22:57:36 UTC

Re: Error Tag Usage - Found the answer myself - I think

I found this in the release notes for 1.0.1:

"The <html:errors> when the property tag is specified, errors are no longer
printed if the specified property has no errors. Previously errors were always
printed! Future enhancements would include additional attributes to always turn
off the header or footer. "

It appears to me that I cannot use the errors tag in the way that I have
described.  I am still unclear about header and footer in Struts 1.0.1

Can anyone elaborate on the correct usage?  Is there a date for 1.0.1?

Thanks.

Jeff_Mychasiw@nlgroup.ca on 12/28/2001 02:36:33 PM

To:   struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:

Subject:  Error Tag Usage

Greetings:
    I apologize if this has been answered before...

    When I use the error tag to display the LIST of errors it works as expected
along with the header an footer that I have in my properties file.

    However when I choose not to display the list, but instead just place a
single error message beside an input control
              ie: <html:errors property="legalName" />  I expect to get just
the message (if any) for that field.

    The output shows the single error for legalName but includes the header and
footer.

    Do I have an error in my thinking?

thanks.

RE: Error Tag Usage - Found the answer myself - I think

Posted by Danny Collins <dc...@maine.rr.com>.
Your off just a little bit, Struts automatically checks for the
existence of the header and the footer. So if it's in the properties
file it will use them. So if you don't want to use the header and the
footer take them out of the properties file.

HTH
Danny

<st...@jakarta.apache.org>

To:   struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:

Greetings:
    I apologize if this has been answered before...

    When I use the error tag to display the LIST of errors it works as
expected
along with the header an footer that I have in my properties file.

    However when I choose not to display the list, but instead just
place a
single error message beside an input control
              ie: <html:errors property="legalName" />  I expect to get
just
the message (if any) for that field.

    The output shows the single error for legalName but includes the
header and
footer.

    Do I have an error in my thinking?

thanks.