Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by FRuG FoREST <fr...@lost.dystopia.org> on 2004/08/10 07:19:12 UTC

SVN-Testing: Running Test scripts?

Ok,  I have access to handful of Linux and Sun OS servers, and would like
to do my part in running some breakage/build-tests for the community and
send resuls to:
	dev@subversion.tigris.org

I read the instructions on:

The description under 'svn-breakage' mentions to read a file called
'PLATFORM' and I can't seem to find that file anywhere in the SVN source
distribution.

In looking around at various files and scripts, I think it really means to
say something like..

    Read the following files for more information on running tests.
	   ./HACKING
           ./subversion/tests/README
	   ./tools/test-scripts/svntest/README

But I still can't seem to piece together all the pieces for setting up a
automated way of running tests.  (svntest-update.sh seems close?)

What I would like is just a simple line in my crontab,

# run svn test scripts
01 2 * * * svn run-parts /data/1/repos/svntest/run-all-tests.sh

If someone could point me in the general direction, or throw me some
test/scripts to run.  I'd be happy to do what I can. (After of course,
checking over the scripts first. :)

Thanks,
-FRuG

Re: SVN-Testing: Running Test scripts?

Posted by Jani Averbach <ja...@jaa.iki.fi>.
On 2004-08-10 00:19-0700, FRuG FoREST wrote:

Hi and welcome to the secret society of smoketesters of Subversion!

> Ok,  I have access to handful of Linux and Sun OS servers, and would like
> to do my part in running some breakage/build-tests for the community and
> send resuls to:
> 	dev@subversion.tigris.org

Please send them to 'svn-breakage'.

> In looking around at various files and scripts, I think it really means to
> say something like..
>
>     Read the following files for more information on running tests.
> 	   ./HACKING
>            ./subversion/tests/README
> 	   ./tools/test-scripts/svntest/README

Firts you should be able to install and run tests by yourself
<http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/INSTALL>

After that you should set up the svntest environment by configuring
svntest-config.sh (paths and program names) and getting apr, apr-util
and httpd from cvs.

Then you should be able to run 'svntest.sh' which will update all
sources from cvs and svn, and after that it will run the tests.

After that you could just call svntest.sh from your crontab, or if you
like to run all 1.0.x, 1.1.x and trunk tests then some shell script
which will drive svntest.sh.

The ./tools/test-scripts/svntest/README should document this all,
but if you could provide patches for unclear or missing parts, that
would be very helpful.

BR, Jani

--
Jani Averbach