Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/17 02:08:11 UTC

Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Everyone,

Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it
works for some people and not for others.

The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
row"...

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1

Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and
include whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is
Windows, and what country you are in.

Hopefully there's a pattern.

Thanks,

Geoff

P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console
shows this kind of thing:

# Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form
field's element.
# Ajax failure: Status 500 for /jumpstart/examples/tables/
ajaxformlooptailored1
.ajaxformloop
.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?
t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/
AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit: The rendered

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
Works on Opera 9.64
Works on Firefox 3.5

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
Works on Opera 9.64
Works on Firefox 3.5

All tests using Linux from Brazil without a proxy.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Posted by Jakub Vlasak <jw...@gmail.com>.
Both are working

Firefox 3.5 and also IE6, WinXP, proxy, Slovakia

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Both work.

Posted by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com>.
both work. With and without cookies.

Firefox 3.0.11
Ubuntu 04.09
Germany
No proxy

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Both work for me.
Chrome: 2.0.172.33
Windows XP
USA
No proxy

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Posted by Koka Kiknadze <22...@gmail.com>.
Both work in Georgia (not the US one):

kubuntu 9.04

FF 3.0.11

Konqueror  (worked with cookies disabled)

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
WinAmp plays it too.

with regards
Sven Homburg
Founder of the Chenille Kit Project
http://www.chenillekit.org

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
MPlayer did fine.
Interesting.
Likewise duplicated it.  But... :) Although it's possible to trigger
the issue by clearing the session cookies, but it's clearly /not/ a
cookie issue, per se.
1) You can duplicate it without messing with cookies at all (hit the
page; wait a few minutes, then try)
2) As evidenced by your video (and my duplication of your video
results): there are cases where you can clear the session cookies and
the site still functions properly (see below)

1) Maybe there is page-instance-specific information being stored by
ajax form loop?
2) Perhaps session-specific information?
#2 seems the most likely.  If there's a relatively short session
timeout, hitting the page and waiting before attempting anything would
correlate with #2 (Geoff, what's the session timeout length on
jumpstart?).  Also, this works with the cookie-based triggering:
you're clearing the session association.  I wonder if the first time
you clear the cookie data, the jsessionid is still in the url, so the
session information isn't lost.  After clicking around, the cookie is
there, and so the jsessionid isn't encoded, then clearing cookies
dissociates you from the session information. Interesting.

Robert

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Quicktime??? Ouuuch!

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.
oops forgot ff3.0 on latest ubuntu.

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Robert, i am sure enough for you too ;-)

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
I try it some more time!

if i point my browser to your links, do some normal action, all is fine.
BUT!

if i delete all my session cookies and do the same actions again, i
get an exception.
i think, because i had the same problem whith some chnillekit components,
that the JSESSION parameter is added to the Event URL and breaks its behavior.

hope it helps

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dariusz <da...@gmail.com>.
I am able to reproduce this error by removing all rows and then refreshing
the page using browser's refresh button (pressing F5), not the "Refresh"
button one on the page.

Posted by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/16 Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>:
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1

Does not work.

>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1

Works.

I'm at work behind a proxy (although not everything is proxied so I
can't be sure), WinXP, Canada.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Posted by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/16 Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>:
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1

Both work, with or without cookies. First time or otherwise. I'm using Firefox.

I'm running Gentoo Linux, no proxy, Canada.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
First one:
Add and remove don't work

Second one:
Works fine

Firefox 3.5, Leopard, No Proxy from Germany

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.

Posted by moonlee <mo...@hotmail.com>.
I use AjaxFormLoop-addrow-addrowlink-parameter to dynamic add a row , I want
to fill the row with some defult value which base on the link param user
click.

for example:

tml:

<t:parameter name="addRow">
      <t:addrowlink  value="1">Add a row</t:addrowlink>

      <t:addrowlink value="2">Add a row</t:addrowlink>
</t:parameter>

java:

        PersonHolder onAddRow(Object value) {
                // Create a skeleton Person and add it to the displayed list
with a unique key
                Person newPerson = PersonService.findPersonById(value);
                PersonHolder newPersonHolder = new PersonHolder(newPerson,
true, 0 - System.nanoTime());
                _personHolders.add(newPersonHolder);

                return newPersonHolder;
        }

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
First one works, second not, no proxy FF3 in Cyprus.

Peter

Tried with cookies, and with explicitly blocking cookies (and all
cookies cleared) from jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au

Cheers,

Robert

PS: this sounds like: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-733

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
Both work: FF, OS X, USA, no proxy.

Posted by Felix Gonschorek <fe...@ggmedia.net>.
both work

cookies enabled, ff 3.0.11, ubuntu 9.04, germany, no proxy

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, more detailed:

if youre Browser points the the page, and you clear all cookies hosted
by your browser,
the AjaxFormLoop failes after add a row to the form..

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Pete Poulos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Both versions work for me.
I am on Win XP.