Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sambeau PRAK <SP...@efalia.com> on 2016/09/09 16:20:16 UTC

Question : Invalid results on full-text search with a combination of numbers and dots in research terms

Hello,

I have no results on full-text searching with a combination of numbers and dots in research terms (example : 304.411)

Does Lucene core (version 4.1.3) have limits or do I have missing parameters ?

Thanks in advance,

Sambeau PRAK
Efalia (DMS editor)
sprak@efalia.com<ma...@efalia.com>

Re: Question : Invalid results on full-text search with a combination of numbers and dots in research terms

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You're probably being fooled by your analysis chain or searching
against your default field rather than the field yo uthink you are.

Plus, there's not much to go on here, you've essentially said
"it doesn't work". We need to see:

1> a sample doc you think should be found
2> the search query
3> the results of appending debug=query to the URL,
     particularly the parsed query.
4> the schema definitions for the fields you're searching against.

Possibilities:
1> you're searching against the default field rather than the field
you think you are. Attaching &debug=query will show you this. If you
dont' specify a field you search against the default field, usually
"text".
2> your analysis chains are doing something you don't expect. Using
the admin UI>>core>>analysis page will help greatly here.

Best,
Erick