Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by charles Andrews <cd...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/24 06:48:09 UTC

Error starting tomcat 9.0.7 from Eclipse

Hi

I am having problems starting Tomcat 9.0.7 from Eclipse version
Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a). Tomcat will start from the command line
but not from within Eclipse. I get the following error:

Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

The console log in Eclipse contains:

-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.7\endorsed is not supported. Endorsed
standards and standalone APIs
in modular form will be supported via the concept of upgradeable modules.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Charles Andrews

Re: Error starting tomcat 9.0.7 from Eclipse

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Error starting tomcat 9.0.7 from Eclipse

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/04/18 07:48, charles Andrews wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having problems starting Tomcat 9.0.7 from Eclipse version
> Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a). Tomcat will start from the command line
> but not from within Eclipse. I get the following error:
>
> Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
>
> The console log in Eclipse contains:
>
> -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.7\endorsed is not supported. Endorsed
> standards and standalone APIs
> in modular form will be supported via the concept of upgradeable modules.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

That is a question for the Eclipse folks. It looks like Eclipse's
integration for Apache Tomcat needs an update for Java 9.

Mark