Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Hole <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 16:40:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Case sensitive URLs

Hi guys!

How can I ensure case sensitive URLs?

I've test.html at DocumentRoot. I want a "File not found" error when I
invoke http://host/TEST.html.

Thanks a lot
A.

Re: [users@httpd] Case sensitive URLs

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 15:40 +0100, Andrew Hole wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> How can I ensure case sensitive URLs?
>
> I've test.html at DocumentRoot. I want a "File not found" error when I
> invoke http://host/TEST.html.
>
> Thanks a lot
> A.

You need to use a case sensitive file system, ie not windows.

Cheers

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] Case sensitive URLs

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
Andrew Hole wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> How can I ensure case sensitive URLs?
>
> I've test.html at DocumentRoot. I want a "File not found" error when I
> invoke http://host/TEST.html.

You'll get that as standard.  Just don't use any of the hacks that
make them appear case-insensitive, like mod_speling.

The possible exception to that is if you have a case-insensitive
filesystem that returns test.html when asked for TEST.html.  If that's
the case you'd have to deal with it before the filesystem is
accessed.  A simple solution would be a rewriterule.  Or if
your capitalisations are many and complex, maybe a rewritemap
generated by listing the files.

--
Nick Kew