Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Martin Brennfleck <ma...@schlund.de> on 1999/04/20 15:06:30 UTC

mod_rewrite/4276: Rewriting with {prg:/my/rewriteprog} fails if URI contains %0A

>Number:         4276
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       Rewriting with {prg:/my/rewriteprog} fails if URI contains %0A
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
passing a URL to the rewriteprog wich contains %0A in fact
passes 2 lines to the rewriteprog. Because of the recommeded
structure of the rewriteprog (one line in, one line out)
the apache gets back two lines wich is very confusing for it.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install a {prg:/my/rewriteprog} and pass a url containing
%0A to it.
>Fix:
A workaround is to prepend a magic string to the url.
If the rewriteprg cannot find the magic string at the begin of a
inputline it should produce no output