Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Peter Kelly <pk...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/13 18:23:19 UTC

DomParser.parse(): How do I pass in a String as the XML document

Hi,

I know how to parse an XML file. How do I parse a String that represents an
XML document.

DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
parser.parse("file:///c:/tmp.xml");

Also, why can't I see the parse method in the DOMParse class. Does this
class inherit from something else. If I knew what the parameter choices were
I made be able to try something. A Java XML book I have stated that many
parsers accept InputStreams but that I get a compile error.

Any help appreciated.

thanks,
Peter

Re: DomParser.parse(): How do I pass in a String as the XML document

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Peter Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know how to parse an XML file. How do I parse a String that represents an
> XML document.
>
> DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();

parser.parse(source);

> Also, why can't I see the parse method in the DOMParse class. Does this
> class inherit from something else. If I knew what the parameter choices were
> I made be able to try something. A Java XML book I have stated that many
> parsers accept InputStreams but that I get a compile error.

You need to do what I did above and wrap the input stream in an
org.xml.sax.InputSource.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts, Software Engineer        DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com