Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by uxes <ad...@uxes.cz> on 2018/06/27 22:06:45 UTC

Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

Hello,
I'm wondering if you guys are going to implement full access to keyboard
which is going to be ready in following chrome ( Chrome for desktop release
68 <https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5642959835889664>  ) that can be
useful in case of controlling some RDP.

https://w3c.github.io/keyboard-lock/

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:37 ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> FWIW I've had several users wanting alt-tab and alt-q (the latter was a
> specific shortcut for a prog that we were able to change to ctrl-q which
> worked).

Yeah, I can see the value there.

> Emulating RD as much as possible would be good, IIRC the main thing that
> doesn't work there is just ctrl-alt-del (for which there's a different
> method).

We recently added Ctrl-Alt-End support to Guacamole for emulating CAD in
remote sessions, which matches behavior of other RDP clients.

-Nick

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com>.
FWIW I've had several users wanting alt-tab and alt-q (the latter was a
specific shortcut for a prog that we were able to change to ctrl-q which
worked).

Emulating RD as much as possible would be good, IIRC the main thing that
doesn't work there is just ctrl-alt-del (for which there's a different
method).

Cheers.

Posted by M D Barber <md...@aol.com>.
ctrl+w is a pain in some browsers it closes the current window ofc it is
also the search combo in nano
 �so if you use ssh thru guac...

uxes wrote:
> Yes, you are right, CAD is intercepted by OS, but it is also sent thru RDP
> connection, so you can dismiss your system window.
> In my opinion better way to send remotely CtrlAltDelete is by pressing some
> button in menu than by using Ctrl-Alt-End but whatever nothing of my
> concern.
>
> So I have tried all shortcuts that I can think of.
>

> woks:
>
> ALT+TAB
> ALT+F4
> CTRL+W
> CTRL+R
> CTRL+T
> CTRL+Q
>

> CTRL+ALT+DELETE (happens on local system and also remote connection)

---

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:21 uxes <ad...@uxes.cz> wrote:

> As a first thing that I can think of is classic scenario when I'm used to
> shortcut `Ctrl + w` in terminal, which delete last word before my cursor,
> in
> any browser this shortcut means `close actual tab`, which is impossible to
> prevent. Feature Keyboard Lock is solution.

Makes sense.

> Next thing could be all sort of shortcuts like you said "Ctrl-Alt-Del" and
> "Alt + F4", im going to try them on some Windows as soon as i get some in
> my
> hands in following days.

As I mentioned before, even with Keyboard Lock I imagine some of these will
not be intercepted.  CAD is a particularly special one that will almost
certainly be intercepted by the O/S, at least in Windows-based browsers.  I
have not looked at the full specification, but I suspect there will always
be some exceptions, as there should be.

-Nick

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.