Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it> on 2005/04/14 14:56:45 UTC

Re: Changing the background color of the portal - Portal page height

Dear Sven,
I work with jsp, so I don't know if my approaches apply also to vm...
I have the same problem, but I think it is not so easy to solve unless you
make some trick like transparent images e.g. in a new right.vm that set the
height of the central part AT LEAST at e.g. 600 px...
You could also try to set the height of the table cell that hosts the
central part, it should be in default.vm.
This seems to work (I just tried it out on the portal I am developing), but
obviously the thing you see depends on your screen set up (width, toolbars
etc.)
Hope you can get some help from my 2 cents!
Good luck
Stefano

Posted by reda bendiar <re...@gmail.com>.
I think this article deals specifically with problem (assuming that
you use CSS for your layout...!)
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/footers/

 Reda

Re: Changing the background color of the portal - Portal page height

Posted by reda bendiar <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Why not try using CSS layout techniques ?
"alistapart" is good starting point if it interests you
www.alistapart.com/articles/flexiblelayouts/

Hope this helps,

Reda

Re: Changing the background color of the portal - Portal page height

Posted by Sven Richter <sr...@gmx.net>.
Dear Stefano,

that's correct, if I have longer content the page is scrolled completely.
But that's OK for me. My problem was that, if have only a few portlets the
whole portlet looked really crappy because the bottom-frame was somewhere
in the middle. But your idea is pretty interessting too (but I don't know
how to do that yet).

Right now I'm trying to change the background-color of the left navigation
bar. But I can't change the color neighter in the left.vm nor the
default.vm. The changes I make there are somehow completely ignored, even
though there is already an tag (bgcolor) in the original code.

Bye,
Sven.

Posted by Sven Richter <sr...@gmx.net>.
Dear Stefano,