Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Michiel Beijen <mi...@GMAIL.COM> on 2012/08/31 12:33:59 UTC

Re: Windows binaries

Hi Steve,

> Steve Hay wrote:
>
> However, I'm unlikely to go ahead with this now anyway since there
> seems to be little need for it. That's good news, really, since it
> indicates that building mod_perl is not a difficult thing anyway :-)

It might be you asked on the wrong mailing list; or that other people are
subscribed to the wrong mailing lists :D
On the win32-perl mailing list people asked for updated mod_perl libraries
multiple times. And I tried to compile the module myself as well but failed
miserably. Mostly, because StrawberryPerl uses MinGW and Apache itself only
compiles with Visual Studio. And I also tried compiling a perl from scratch
with Visual Studio, but then I ran into the APXS issues which it seems you
fixed.

I used your supplied zip-files and they work for me perfectly! I think it
would be awesome if it would be possible to install a recent mod_perl on
either StrawberryPerl or ActiveState easily; or if you can make the
procedure you used to compile mod_perl on Windows available?

Hope to hear from you!
--
Mike

Re: Windows binaries

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.
In the light of sufficient interest from enough people, I've now
created and uploaded binary builds of mod_perl-2.0.7 and
libapreq2-2.13 components compatible with Apache Lounge 2.2.23 Build
24 August 2012 (win32) and each of:

* ActivePerl 5.16.0 Build 1600 (x86)
* Strawberry Perl 5.16.0 Build 1 (32bit)

You can download them from http://people.apache.org/~stevehay/

Please let me know if you find them useful or have any problems, or
would still like to see available the complete Apache + Perl +
mod_perl binaries which I previously uploaded elsewhere.

Regards,
Steve

Re: Windows binaries

Posted by Shane McCarron <sh...@aptest.com>.