Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/20 17:13:37 UTC

Request to join "Java LDAP Client API" JSR EG on behalf of Apache

Hi,

I am a PMC member and committer of the Apache Directory Project.

A new effort for a new standard Java LDAP Client API has started at
JCP. As far as I know there is not JSR number yet determined. The
effort is managed here:

https://java-ldap-api.dev.java.net/

First, I should ask if it's possible to represent ASF on an EG with
more than one individual. If so I am a volunteer. Otherwise there are
better candidates in our team (like Alex Karasulu and Emmanuel
Lecharny) who have been more involved with the technology related to
the new effort.

Thanks.

--
Ersin

Re: Request to join "Java LDAP Client API" JSR EG on behalf of Apache

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 20, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Ersin Er wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a PMC member and committer of the Apache Directory Project.
>
> A new effort for a new standard Java LDAP Client API has started at
> JCP. As far as I know there is not JSR number yet determined. The
> effort is managed here:
>
> https://java-ldap-api.dev.java.net/
>
> First, I should ask if it's possible to represent ASF on an EG with
> more than one individual.

Yes.  It will be ultimately up to the spec lead, actually.  We should
decide first (here, on this list) who is interested in participating,
and then ask if we can have that number.  if so, we're done.  if not,
then we have a group here at apache that discusses things, and the
subset of that group that the spec lead allows to represent us simply
brings the consensus view to the EG.

> If so I am a volunteer. Otherwise there are
> better candidates in our team (like Alex Karasulu and Emmanuel
> Lecharny) who have been more involved with the technology related to
> the new effort.

The more the merrier.

geir