Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk> on 2007/09/03 10:07:09 UTC

state of VAT support

A few months ago there was a discussion about the state of VAT support in
OfBiz, and as I recall there was a little work to be done.  Has that work
been done?

I ask because we have the opportunity to use OfBiz for a UK business, and
obviously VAT is important.  OfBiz would seem to be a very good fit to what is
needed, and would cut development time considerably so we would like to use
it if we can.

David

Re: state of VAT support

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
As you dig into this more you'll probably find lots of things like this where people have changed and enhanced things and simply never contributed them back to the project.

The VAT stuff is still waiting for a couple of projects being done by very contribution minded users.

-David

Re: state of VAT support

Posted by Calum Miller <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: state of VAT support

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.

Re: state of VAT support

Posted by Calum Miller <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: state of VAT support

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
De : "David Garrett" <dg...@communication.concepts.cc>
> I agree with Jacques the data model is adequate but the implementation of
> VAT *is* large and detailed.

Yes that's what I meant in my fisrt answer.

> It is further complicated by adjustments with/without tax, promotions and
> tax on adjustments and maintaining shoppingCart relationships between eg
> shipping adj and the tax on that adjustment.

True

> If it were not a large job (or if more people had a common interest) it
> would have been done years ago.

At least months ago, the tax authority implementaion is not so old  ;)

> (disclosure of hidden agenda: I would dearly love to have a more complete
> VAT/GST implementation within the core rather than piece-meal custom add-ons
> ;) )

I'm convinced  we should begin to define VAT/GST core common interests. Beginnin with UI to make things clear. For instance my
current client does not want to see any VAT excluded prices when using the sales ordering in manager order (ie wants to see only
gross prices). As long as we will not be able to define ou common needs we will not be able to implement them, right ?

We may create a Jira issue for this, what do you think ?

Also I have to acknowledege I should have had a look at your "Preliminary implementation of GST/VAT for review"
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-416) but never found the time.

BTW I have collected some information (links) about VAT (legal documents in EU) and how some "competitors" implement VAT.

Jacques

RE: state of VAT support

Posted by David Garrett <dg...@communication.concepts.cc>.

Re: state of VAT support