Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michael Enevold <me...@2ndc.dk> on 2003/02/15 04:19:24 UTC

Understanding LDAP 1.2 setup

Hi "James"

Is there a better doc than the one currently in James 2.1.1
I would like to setup the James against a LDAP directory for testing
purposes
but it seems not very clear where to set what!

for these six settings:

Six entries in JAMES.conf.xml must be set for this to work:

change usersManager - type to ldap.
Set the ldapServer element to point to the correct host and port
Set LDAPRoot and ThsServerRDN.
Set the direcory FDN and password that should be used to write to the
directory.
Unless all your users have email addresses of the form,
name@the-machine-running-James, set servernames-autodetect to false and
apecify the your email domain as the first servername.

Should this be in config.xml, instead now?

- Michael

RE: Understanding LDAP 1.2 setup

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is there a better doc than the one currently in James 2.1.1

No.  There has been relatively little traffic regarding LDAP.

> Six entries in JAMES.conf.xml must be set for this to work:

That would be config.xml.

	--- Noel