Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by mi...@lhsystems.com on 2010/06/11 13:38:57 UTC

dominant-baseline attribute support

Hi all,
is there already any plan to implement support for 'dominant-baseline'
attribute?

Greetings
Michal Lewandowski

Last reference to this topic I found in mail-group archive stating as
following:

From: Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>
To: Batik Users <ba...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: Re: dominant-baseline attribute
Hi Matthew,

Matthew L. Avizinis wrote:
> Hello all,
>   When rendering the following part of an fo document through FOP
> 0.20.5, dominant-baseline seems to have no effect.  When I copy the
SVG
> portion to its own file and view it with the Adobe viewer it looks as
> expected; in the Batik 1.5 Squiggle viewer it, again, seems to have no
> effect.  The same is true if I use alignment-baseline instead of
> dominant-baseline.
[...]
> According to the Batik website at apache, both attributes are
> implemented, so am I missing something? or does the property work with
> only a particular text content element and not all text content
elements?

     Unfortunately the website is wrong.  These attributes are not
currently implemented.  They are not trivial to implement
(given the complexities of SVG text dx/dy etc) and
as of right now I know of no plans to implement them.
Contributions are always welcome!  I could provide a sketch on how
they might be implemented, but it would be a fair amount of work
to come up to speed on how text is layed out in Batik.

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters: Lufthansa Systems Poland sp. z o.o., Gdansk, Registereintragung / Registration: 0000083575
Board of Directors: Adam Wojewodka

Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc w Gdansku, VII Wydzial Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego, KRS 0000083575, NIP 583-24-68-348, Regon 191499280 kapital zakladowy 200.000 zl. oplacony w calosci

Re: dominant-baseline attribute support

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Michael,

<mi...@lhsystems.com> wrote on 06/11/2010 07:38:57 AM:

> is there already any plan to implement support for 'dominant-
> baseline' attribute?

        None, that I am aware of.