Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com> on 2004/01/05 22:49:32 UTC

Is this structure possible?

I would like to structure my files/permissions in the following way and
I want to know how to do it if it's possible as I have been unsuccessful
so far.

My users are arranged in a hierarchy of groups.  I would like to have a
/files  directory for each group and I would like the permissions such
that a member of a group has access to the directory for that group, as
well as the subdirectories which belong to the subgroups.

E.g.

/users/groupA
/users/groupB      <-- groupB is a child of groupA

/files
/files/groupA
/files/groupA/groupB

Users in groupA should be able to access /files/groupA and
/files/groupA/groupB.

Users in groupB should only be able to access /files/groupA/groupB.

I've tried to set this up by granting inheritable permissions to groupA
for /files/groupA, which works (users in groupA can access all the
directories) until I grant permissions to groupB for
/files/groupA/groupB.  Once I do that, no one can access
/files/groupA/groupB.

Help?

K.C.

Re: Is this structure possible?

Posted by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com>.
It turns out this was my fault.  I am trying to build a custom store and
was experimenting, trying to make a few things work.  I was hand editing
the database and didn't have all the entries in the various revisions
tables and that seems to have broken it.  I now have the structure I
described working.

K.C.