Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Cuiting Chen <ka...@googlemail.com> on 2011/04/20 14:15:43 UTC

build axis2 in IntelliJ

Hi there,

I build axis2 source code successfully, the project is also imported in
IntelliJ, and there are still some errors, e.g., "package
org.apache.axiom.om does not exist". Theoretically maven should deal with
the dependencies automatically when building the source code, and those
errors should not show up. Is there anything wrong? How can I make those
errors disappear? Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,
Cuiting Chen

Re: build axis2 in IntelliJ

Posted by Cuiting Chen <ka...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Malinga,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Supun Malinga <su...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Chen,
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Cuiting Chen <kathy.chen23@googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Malinga,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the info!
>>
>> Following your guide, I build the axis2 code, create project files for
>> idea and then import the whole project to intellij. Till now there is no
>> problem.
>>
>> But, when I try to run the "Make Project (ctrl+F9)" inside the intellij,
>> it shows an Error that "Cannot start compilation: the output path is not
>> specified for modules "Version", "Ping", "Scripting", "Addressing". Specify
>> the output path in Configure Project." Did you get such error in your case?
>>
> I'm not sure why this happens.

I just want to be sure: you can run the "Make Project" without any problem?

>> Also, if I can compile the whole axis2 project successfully, can I deploy
>> the newly generated jar files automatically to the axis2 library inside of
>> tomcat? Then I can test the changes I made into axis2.
>>

> yes, you can. Just replace the jars inside tomcat deployed axis2 dir.

Is it possible to replace the jars automatically? Or I have to do it
manually? Thanks a lot!!!

--
Best regards,
Cuiting Chen