Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Johannes Koch <jo...@fit.fraunhofer.de> on 2008/03/18 13:56:56 UTC

[OT] How to create separate projects for httpcore modules in Eclipse?

Hi,

I have an off-topic question: How do I create separate projects for the
HttpComponents modules using Eclipse, Maven integration and Subclipse.
When I do the steps as in
<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Integration+with+Subclipse>
checking out http-components/httpcore/trunk I get the following projects:

httpcomponents-core
httpcore
httpcore-nio

Unfortunately the projects httpcore and httpcore-nio are empty. I'd like
to have separate projects in order to have httpcore built with Java 1.3
and httpcore-nio with Java 1.5.

--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT

Re: [OT] How to create separate projects for httpcore modules in Eclipse?

Posted by Sam Berlin <sb...@gmail.com>.
I was curious about this, so just setup Maven & Subclipse integration,
and everything checked out well.  I have six mvn+svn projects setup in
Eclipse now:

 - httpclient-TRUNK
 - httpcomponents-client-TRUNK
 - httpcomponents-core-TRUNK
 - httpcore-nio-TRUNK
 - httpcore-TRUNK
 - httpmime-TRUNK

(The -TRUNK suffixes are because I set a namespace so the new projects
wouldn't clobber my existing ones.)

Each seems to correctly have the right compiler & whatnot setup.
(That is, httpcore uses 1.3, httpcore-nio uses 1.5, httpclient uses
1.5, httpmime uses 1.5.)

One pain is that the client projects aren't aware of the core projects
(and vice versa), so things like auto-refactoring or viewing
hierarchies gives an incomplete picture.  This also happens when doing
'mvn eclipse:eclipse' and importing the resulting projects, so I
suspect it's just because of the way the poms are setup.

Sam

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I use the equivalent of:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/module-main
httpcore-main

and

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/module-nio
httpcore-nio

to create the separate directories in Eclipse.

I've not had much luck with the Maven plugin, so I just configure
Eclipse manually.