Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Rajjeet Phull <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/30 19:41:38 UTC

Problems integrating apache felix into eclipse

Hello,
I followed the instructions on the following page:
http://felix.apache.org/site/integrating-felix-with-eclipse.html
and everything is good until I reached this part

*Note:* Newest Felix versions require to set the
felix.config.properties property.
To achieve this, go in the 'arguments' tab and add the following VM
arguments:

-Dfelix.config.properties=file:conf/config.properties

I don't understand how I would install this VM argument. I found the dialog
box in the run configuration but how would I input in the argument?

Thanks in advance,
Rajjeet

Re: Problems integrating apache felix into eclipse

Posted by Christopher Armstrong <ca...@fastmail.com.au>.
You may also find the felix-eclipse plugin helpful (disclosure: I'm the
maintainer), as it does all the integration for you:

[1]http://code.google.com/p/felix-eclipse/

The plugin takes care of setting up a configuration file and loading
your bundles - all you need to do is setup a target platform with the
Felix plugins you want. A new version was recently released that fixed
a number of long-standing issues, and introduced support for the latest
versions of Felix.

Cheers

Chris

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013, at 09:10 PM, Stijn de Witt wrote:

Hi Rajjeet,

The dialog box is also shown in the screenshot on the page you linked,
but the screenshot is showing it with the 'Main' tab active. Next to
that you see a tab named 'Arguments'. Switch to that tab. It contains
two text areas:

'Program arguments'

Any text you place here is passed as argument to your program and will
be available in the main method's arguments:

publicstaticvoid main(String... arguments) {

// Program arguments are available as arguments[0], arguments[1] etc

       }

'VM arguments'

Any text you place here is passed as arguments to the Java Virtual
Machine. In the case of -Dxyz arguments, these will be available from
anywhere within the VM by calling System.getProperty:

       String xyz = System.getProperty("xyz");

Felix expects a system property named 'felix.config.properties' to be
set. So all you need to do is switch to the Arguments tab and
copy-paste the text from the page you linked into the VM arguments box.
This will take care of passing the argument to the VM, which in turn
will set the system property that Felix expects.

See screenshot below:

[]

With kind regards,

-Stijn

[...]