Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by torjt <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/16 21:54:08 UTC

Client Near Cache Configuration Lost after Cluster Node Removed

Hello All,

We are having an issue with Ignite client near caches being "lost" upon a
cluster node being removed from the Ignite cluster.  Furthermore, using
version 2.1.0, we are seeing this issue when another client joins the
topology.  I built Ignite from GIT today, 10/16/17, with the latest changes,
ver. 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.  As of version 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT, bringing clients up/down
does not cause an active client to lose its near cache and performance is
good.  However, when we remove a node from the cluster, the client
immediately communicates with the cluster and disregards its near cache.
Restarting the client remedies the issue.

The following is the steps to reproduce the issue:
Apache Ignite Version:
*SNAPSHOT#20171016-sha1:ca6662bcb4eecc62493e2e25a572ed0b982c046c*
1.  Start 2 Ignite servers
2.  Start client with caches configured as near-cache
3.  Access caches
4.  Stop node client is connected to
4a.  Client immediately bypasses near cache and access "cluster" for cache
miss

Re: Client Near Cache Configuration Lost after Cluster Node Removed

Posted by Timay <to...@trustwave.com>.
I believe i had the same issue, i have posted a test and my finding to the
user group. Which can be found here.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Near-Cache-Topoolgy-change-causes-NearCache-to-always-miss-td17539.html

Re: Client Near Cache Configuration Lost after Cluster Node Removed

Posted by torjt <je...@gmail.com>.
To answer your question, using Visor, one can see cache misses increase upon
the scenario described.  Furthermore, measure cache.get() calls increase
from sub millisecond to 20 to 30 miillis.

Re: Client Near Cache Configuration Lost after Cluster Node Removed

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Could you say how you determine that client node loads data from remote
node bypasses near cache?
I'm not able reproduce this behaviour locally, could you share a simple
maven project that reproduces this behaviour?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+ user list

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+ user list

Fwd: Client Near Cache Configuration Lost after Cluster Node Removed

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.