Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2012/01/07 23:48:30 UTC

Double dictionaries for languages

Hello!

Portuguese has suffered a language agreement and now there are two kinds
of my language:
- pre-agreement
- post-agreement

In Microsoft Office 2010 there is a setting to select which one we want
to use and, according to what we select, it uses one of the two
dictionaries.

The language is still the same and just the dictionary is changed.

Could this be implemented into AOO?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
         -----------------------

RE: Double dictionaries for languages

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Thank you.  I found out what I needed to know by downloading both pt-PT and pt-PT (pre-ao) versions.

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.
Hello!

          -----------------

Re: Double dictionaries for languages

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Can you provide a link to António's site please.  If not, can you describe whether both spellers can be installed at the same time, and how they are distinguished?  (What names are used for them.)

 - Dennis

          -----------------------

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.

           -----------------------

Re: Double dictionaries for languages

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I only see Portuguese (Portugal) and Protuguese (Brazil) in the list of supported languages on Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business.  Because the language pack is not installed on my machine, I went to the download site and discovered that the language packs are sold by Microsoft for $25 per language.  I decided not to spend the money to find out if there was anything that allowed choice between pre- and post- reform languages.

 - Dennis

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.

RE: Double dictionaries for languages

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.