Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reynir Hübner <re...@hugsmidjan.is> on 2003/05/29 14:28:51 UTC

RE: Content type problem: solved..

Hi Bill,

Thanx for your reply,
You where right, I found rd.include(req,res) (that should have been rd.forward) in someones code here that causes it.

Thanx
-reynir

..
Hi,
I have a content-type problem...

I have a website where most urls are not with an file ending such as .jsp that is most urls are something like this  :

http://website.com/news
http://website.com/staff
http://website.com/news/12/05/2003

This is done by urlrewriting with a filter.

The problem I am trying to solve is the fact that the default mime type seems to be text-plain, and there for all those pages get rendered as text but not HTML.

I've tried setting response.setContentType("text/html"); in my JSP but that does not change anything, I also have all the content type tags in the HTML code, but that does not change anything either.

What can I do (I am about to patch the http connector)....

Reynir Þór Hübner
reynir@hugsmidjan.is