Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Marco Dissel <md...@home.nl> on 2006/01/18 10:29:16 UTC

Help on Similarity class

Hello

I'm using Lucene for searching in a CRM application. For example when searching for a company name i want to show similair company names:
search for: "Microsoft International" would return (in this order):
-microsoft international
-microsoft benelux
-microsoft
Currently it would also return companynames that holds "International" but terms that are heavily used in the index shouldn't be returned..

I need something like a 'reversed top terms value' that is used in the Similarity, but what should i change for this? and als during indexing?

Thanks
Marco