Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Deepa <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/17 12:23:53 UTC

Latency

Hi,

  In the ZK programmer's guide, under the section :Things to remember about
Watches, it is mentioned that there is latency between getting the event and
sending new request to get a watch. Usually how much is the latency number??

Thanks
Deepa

Re: Latency

Posted by David Nickerson <da...@gmail.com>.
No, you cannot get all the changes made on the node.

Re: Latency

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.
You will only get notified once per time when you set a watch. The point of
watches is to indicate that something happened, but the act of that thing
happening needs to be done in such a way for the person notified of the
watch to determine what they need by reading the node or the child
structure or whatever. You can't be guaranteed to receive every action that
happens on a node, as per the documentation.

Re: Latency