Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jardin Xavier <xj...@sofice.fr> on 2003/12/03 13:59:48 UTC

Tomcat Log4j SMTP Appender trouble

Hello,
I'm trying to use the SMTP Appender of log4j 1.2.8 with the following
configuration :
### Logger Mail ( SMTP Appender )
log4j.logger.Mail=DEBUG, Mail
log4j.appender.Mail=org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender
log4j.appender.Mail.BufferSize=4096
log4j.appender.Mail.From=zzzzzz
log4j.appender.Mail.To=zzzzz@zzzz.zz
log4j.appender.Mail.Subject=zzzzzzzz
log4j.appender.Mail.SMTPHost=zzzzzz.zzzz.zzz
log4j.appender.Mail.layout=org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout
log4j.appender.Mail.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Mail.layout.ConversionPattern=%d[%c{1}i %x] %m%n
under Eclipse using a simple test class I receive the mail. When I try to do
the same under Tomcat 4.1.29 / JDK 1.4 nothing append : no mail, no dump. I
use the same mail.jar ( the jar is in WEB-INF/lib for Tomcat ) on both test
case.
Please advise,
Regards,
Jardin Xavier.