Posted to general@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2007/11/01 11:51:44 UTC

PMC Chair Serge to step down.

Hi,

In a private message to the PMC on Monday Serge Knystautas indicated
that he intends to step down from the chair of the Apache James
project.

In 1998 Serge donated a Java SMTP server implementation to
the java.apache.org project which became the original code base for
James.

James, along with other projects under the java.apache umbrella,
became a Jakarta sub project in 1999, where for many years it
flourished.

The James commiters applied for the project's promotion to a top level
project at Apache in 2003 and Serge was the first Chairman of the new
PMC. He has continued as the much loved and respected chair of our PMC
ever since.

I'm sure I speak for everyone in thanking Serge for all his hard work
on our behalf, and expressing the hope that he will continue to play
an active role in our community.

The process to elect a new Chair will begin on this list on Monday.

d.

Re: PMC Chair Serge to step down.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 1, 2007 10:51 AM, Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a private message to the PMC on Monday Serge Knystautas indicated
> that he intends to step down from the chair of the Apache James
> project.
>
> In 1998 Serge donated a Java SMTP server implementation to
> the java.apache.org project which became the original code base for
> James.
>
> James, along with other projects under the java.apache umbrella,
> became a Jakarta sub project in 1999, where for many years it
> flourished.
>
> The James commiters applied for the project's promotion to a top level
> project at Apache in 2003 and Serge was the first Chairman of the new
> PMC. He has continued as the much loved and respected chair of our PMC
> ever since.
>
> I'm sure I speak for everyone in thanking Serge for all his hard work
> on our behalf, and expressing the hope that he will continue to play
> an active role in our community.

+1

- robert