Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by St...@symbian.com on 2002/09/19 15:35:11 UTC

Re: Lucene Index File Names

We have a proprietary build system that needs to know every file that is
going into the product. This is why we cannot blindly pick up the entire
index directory.

Is there anyway of knowing these filenames in advance or changing them
after they have been produced?

"Erik Hatcher" <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
22/05/02 12:40
Please respond to "Lucene Users List"

        To:     "Lucene Users List" <lu...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:     <Cl...@symbian.com>
        Subject:        Re: Lucene Index File Names

What build system are you using?  Why can't you just blindly pick up the
entire index directory and incorporate that?  This is what I do with a
webapp build that indexes documents during the build and rolls them into
the
WAR file.  All using Ant, of course!  :)

    Erik

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I think the answer is negative, as I think the file names in an
existing change as the index is modified, and varies depending on the
number of fields in documents indexed, as well as the state of index
(optimized vs. unoptimized)

Otis