Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ahmad Humayun <ah...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 13:25:31 UTC

MapTask intermediate data

Can somebody explain the process of the MapTask writing to the file the
intermediate output. The MapOutputBuffer.mergeParts() seems to be writing
different buffers into the same file. It seems like its also keeping an
index file.

It will be great if somebody can guide me through the process.

regards,
--
Ahmad Humayun
Research Assistant