Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Schindl <to...@bestsolution.at> on 2002/12/07 01:36:28 UTC

Can't find Apache::ModuleConfig

Hi,

I've installed perl-5.8.0, Apache2.0.43 and mod_perl-1.99_07. Now I want
to use Apache::ModuleConfig but I can't find it anywhere. I've installed
everything like it was shown on perl.apache.org. What have I done wrong?
Any ideas?

When looking at my old perl-5.6.1 installation with apache-1.3.x and
mod_perl-1.2x, I found the module. Where has it gone now, do I have to
use another module instead?

thx

tom

--
Tom Schindl <to...@bestsolution.at>

Re: modperl ttssh and port forwarding - SOLVED

Posted by Martin Moss <Ma...@btinternet.com>.
All,

sorry for the trouble, I finally worked out the problem,

I didn't have libproxy.so loaded on my 192.168.0.10 machine and the
directive
ProxyRequests On
set.

Now that I do it works fine,

Regards

Marty

Re: Can't find Apache::ModuleConfig

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Tom Schindl wrote:

>>>Maybe one could mark the things not implemented yet with a big comment
>>>and remove things which will never implemented.
>>>I'm thinking of Apache::TIPool, Apache::ModuleConfig, ... .
>>
>>I'm planning to revamp these old docs all at once.
>>

> Sounds good. Do you know how long this will take?

Hopefully, soonish.

>>>May I ask more question?
>>>
>>>1)
>>>How can I read params sent via GET or POST?
>>>In mod_perl-1.2x this was done via $r->param("bla"). Apache::RequestRec
>>>does not provide such an method.
>>
>>For now use CGI.pm, till Apache::Request gets ported to 2.0.
>>

> Apache::compat also provides methods to retrieve the params couldn't I
> use them?

Sure you can. That's why there were added.

> Although they're a little bit buggy (see my posting from
> yesterday "Problems with Apache::compat and german special chars" ).

Yes, thanks. I didn't have a chance to look at it yet.

Re: Can't find Apache::ModuleConfig

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@bestsolution.at>.
Am Mon, 2002-12-09 um 03.06 schrieb Stas Bekman:
> Tom Schindl wrote:
> > Thanks Stas.
> >
> > The documentation on perl.apache.org pointed me in a wrong direction
> > (e.g. Apache::DBIPool
> > (http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/overview/overview.html#Apache__DBIPool))
> > --------------------------cut-------------------------
> > use strict;
> > use Apache::TIPool ();
> > use Apache::ModuleConfig ();
> > use DBI ();

> > --------------------------cut-------------------------
> >
> > Maybe one could mark the things not implemented yet with a big comment
> > and remove things which will never implemented.
> > I'm thinking of Apache::TIPool, Apache::ModuleConfig, ... .
>
> I'm planning to revamp these old docs all at once.

Sounds good. Do you know how long this will take?

> > May I ask more question?
> >
> > 1)
> > How can I read params sent via GET or POST?
> > In mod_perl-1.2x this was done via $r->param("bla"). Apache::RequestRec
> > does not provide such an method.
>
> For now use CGI.pm, till Apache::Request gets ported to 2.0.

Apache::compat also provides methods to retrieve the params couldn't I
use them? Although they're a little bit buggy (see my posting from
yesterday "Problems with Apache::compat and german special chars" ).

> > 2)
> > Will Apache::TIPool ever implemented?
>
> Not in the way it's described in the overview, but yes should be
> implemented at some point.

b e s t s o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH
Thomas Schindl            Project Management   mobile ++43/664/314 59 58
Anton-Rauch-Str.6a        A-6020 Innsbruck     fax       ++43/512/935834
http://www.bestsolution.at                     phone     ++43/512/935834

Re: Can't find Apache::ModuleConfig

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@bestsolution.at>.