Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dave gray <da...@digiweb.com> on 2000/07/13 20:38:13 UTC

quasi-ssi functionality

new list member here - hi all :)

I'm working on an existing jsp application that uses <jsp:include to include
html headers and footers on a bunch of different pages. I would like to
change this around a bit so that there does not have to be an include
directive on each page, and the header and footer automagically get added
onto the pages. Might I be able to write a simple servlet that pages can be
passed through and which grabs a parameter (such as a title) from the
individual pages and then writes out the standardized html for the site?

I'm not really sure where to start looking for information on this... I've
looked through all sorts of specs and white paper but have yet to come
across something that I recognized as useful to what I'm trying to do... any
help or pointers in the right direction appreciated

TIA

 -dave